The Szczebrzeska Gate is located to the east of bastion 3 in the line of the bastion curtain wall linking it to bastion 2. It houses the largest exhibition space in the Museum of Fortifications and Weaponry.
Bastion III This is the south western Bastion - or bastion no. 1 based on the numbering from before 1809). This was the only one of the Zamość bastions that originally had an irregular form closely following the shape of the terrain.
The arsenal played a key role in Zamość’s fortification plans from when work began on its defences. Construction of the original timber building took place from May 1582 to July 1583, based on a design by Bernardo Morando.